Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Comic #32:Mandrake Sunday:Isle of Flowers & Death(S163:KRAKEN:Part 8;1990)

Continuing from my LAST POST on this fascinating(& my MOST favorite) Mandrake's adventure,which's eventually the longest ran strip-adventure(1986 -1990) of these amazing magician wid ALL rest members were
there ,which was eventually result in an unforgettable voyage!!
As we all know,also mentioned in that post,we missed all last four parts(Part:6 to Part:9) of this KRAREN-SERIES due to sudden cancellation of Indrajal & all though later DC released a good numbers of Non-Ijc Mandrake-strips,but they published ONLY Dailies & these were from Sunday strips!! :-((
'Nway,making things short,I have Part:6 & 7 allthough in colored Spanish version only,AND GOOD NEWS IS I've the English version of Part:8(Isle of Flowers & Death) ,a b/w scan of amazing strip which of 'cos scanned from Jal #3,sent to me by Sheril months ago,who'd edited these pages brilliantly from what originally scanned by our beloved friend Balaji Shastri (as Original scan was bit untidy & in a bad shaped!) !!!Balaji should be credited at first place & I'm sorry for NOT mentioned his name earlier(as I'd posted Sheril's version so went to mention his name only,but...)!
LET ME KNOW,WHETHER YOU'D LIKED THIS!!:-)

AND,FOR A CHANGE,here's the FULL 12-page strip for on-line readers,instead of usual glimpse!! ;-)))) SO,have a blast,,,all credit goes to Sheril only!! ENJOY!!

8 comments:

syone said...

Cool Blog, I've got a friend that is really into comic series. I will turn him onto your blog!

PBC said...

Thanks Dara for wonderful story.

HojO said...

#Syone:
WOW Thanks!!keep visitng,, :-))

#Prabhat:
Welcome man!

Phantom And Mandrake Fan said...

The poor guy that scanned this strip was me and since I shared it with Sheril, you happened to get it and there's no mention of any credit to what I did....interesting, so if someone cleans the scans is that enough to get the full credit.

HojO said...

The poor guy that scanned this strip was me

Listen,few months ago,when Sheril SENT me that "Original" scan of S163,he didn't mentioned who d scanner!It's only few weeks later he again sent me that "Cleaned/Re-Paneled/Edited" version,he mentioned Original scanner was you!!
But as you see,I posted HIS version only,so I tend 2 give him most credits(also,I did mentioned abt "Original scan!"),,
BUT IT'S TRUE,,I SHUD HAVE INCLD. your name as well,,SO IT'LL BE DONE SHORTLY!!

So,please don keep any grudge or misunderstand me!
Cheers!! :-))))

Mozz said...

Excellent story..
Can't thank you more...

Phantom And Mandrake Fan said...

No misunderstanding here. Thanks for recognizing the effort.

HojO said...

#Bala:
NO MISUNDERSATNDING HERE TOO!!
THNX FOR CLARIFICATION!!:-))CHEERS!!