Sunday, February 21, 2010

Comic #49:Mandrake Sunday-strip in BENGALI:(S174:Dr.Holton's Reputation;1996)

Enjoy a Post-Indrajal MTM Sunday,174th of the line,published way back in 1996-97!! Well,this is a Bengali special,scanned from Comic World magazine which used to published a lot of Phantom & Mandrake strips. And I don't have the English version of that book...

This story deals with some Inter-galactic problems and Magnon has to intervene! This is a 18-week worth and published in a 2-week/page & completely unedited format by CW! :)Also,it's actually a continuation of the previous Sunday,S173(The Swarms) but unfortunately I don't have that strip.Anybody have that?? Bala??
Meantime,enjoy this.. :))




Download S174




7 comments:

PBC said...

Thanks! Looking very interesting. Let see, if Bala don't have also, I'll try to find out an English version.

PBC said...

49th Comics, means we can wait a special post as 50th. ;)
Pls choose an English for next comic post, all can enjoy.
For comic I can learn Bengali, not all friends. :)))

Rafiq Raja said...

Thanks for sharing another Mandrake scan, Dude. Now hoping for a grand bonanza on your 50th post.

PBC , you are not alone in trying to learn Bengali. I once tried to get into the passionate conversations of fellow Bengali Comikers in Kolkata, but couldn't have the intent to drive on. Now, I repent having done that, since Bengal could be termed as the origin of many comic creators and visionaries in India, and I am also missing out from enjoying these rare strips in our desi basha. Hopefully, I can learn the few trades in the lang, with you peeps. :)

Phantom And Mandrake Fan said...

Looks like an interesting story, nope I don't have this sunday story. Will keep on the lookout. Thanks for posting the scans.

HojO said...

@PBC:Thnx!it'll be great is u can find a eng version..:)

and yes,for 50th,I'll post a English strip only so that all fans can read....and that will be another rare strip from '90s MTM-Sundays! :)

HojO said...

@PMF:Plz look for those..thanks & keep coming! :)

HojO said...

@RR:Yep,it'll be :)
and thanks for those words.I think in Bengal till '90s,Comic-reading WAS really a craze and after some low-time suddenly this craze has returned! For me too,I came back to this nice & unique passion since 2005 :)