Thursday, March 3, 2011

Comic #53 & 54 : Russ Manning's TARZAN Sunday Strips(S020 & S021)

Friends,before going to our today's special post,I want tell you something that's from the recent incident happened while we discussing over "seller-fan" controversy.NO,I'm NOT again going to discuss as that already has been done through mailing and we all have shared our own views over it BUT in mean-time doing so,I'd to face some nuisance from one person ,Mr.Abhisick Asthana(I'm coming with his First Name!) who was repeatedly sending me "junk mails" filled with his absurd & nonsense abuses in his own pathetic & weird language(or e-mailing?) . At first I was shocked to see such illiterate punk like Mr.AsthaNa who repeatedly sending me rubbish mails and hence I'd to warn him and put his "id" in the SPAM folder(some amazing option to get rid of some junks!!)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Now,let's enjoy a couple of vintage Tarzan sundays by the finest of the all Tarzan artists,Russ Manning! In my childhood,I used to read the Tarzan b/w dailies in one Bengali newspaper,Bartaman,and enjoyed only those stories by Manning(well,then I'd no idea about him or any other artists,but vividly remembered the stories read then and later recapitulated from the scans available on-line).
While I've read the dailies much earlier, introduced with the colorful sundays only couple of years ago and these strips made me a much superior fan of this ape-man!! Loved every bit of these strips which are,in both illustration & scripting wise,simply zenith(between,Manning strips were based on the "original" concept/scripts by ERB).
By the way,the first 19 strips are already available on-line through this post of the PBC blog and you can see the complete Strip-Index of Tarzan Sundailies by Manning in this post of the Forum.

Now enjoy the following sundays:

Download RM-S020(Return to Opar)










Download RM-S021(White Settlers)

6 comments:

PBC said...

Thanks! I was going to post these, you saved my time.

I'll add link of this post in my 19 strips post.

Venkitachalam Subramanian said...

Thanks for the strips.

Anonymous said...

a couple of good RM strips are always welcome,pal.Thnx for sharing these gems.

About SPAMMERS/MAIL-ABUSERS:yes you can always use 'SPAM folder' as that way no mails can enter in one's inbox and that "spammer" ended up reading his own junks.;_)

BEST

HojO said...

@PBC:U r welcome!That post of 19-strip was very special for me as since then I got my lost love for this ape-man! :)(earliest lottsa crapy TARZAN stories by many artists with sub-stnd. plot and hence had stopped reading!)

Between,if S022-24 are available with you,then can post in your blog..or I will do later...
In my knowledge,only the last RM sunday,S025 is not available currently!!

HojO said...

@DAN:Welcome in this special post! :) Hope you'll enjoy these strips which are very rare & special too!! :-)

About that spammer,as someone told me,he did many time earlier,so I guess it's his pass-time!! we know how to control such mental retard!

keep coming...

HojO said...

@ALL: Hopefully,you are enjoying this TARZAN post. :)
very soon some new MTM strips will be added!!